Friday, November 16, 2012

Unconventionally Perfect

The last two posts have been pretty heavy laden with emotions so I decided to make today's post light and fluffy. You're welcome.

On day 15 I'd like to shed light on some members of my family that I don't get to see much but that mean more to me than they probably know. During the holidays, most of you probably go and visit your mom's parents or your dad's parents or your spouse's parents. Not me. Nope. We go visit my step mom's ex-husband's parents ... and it's my FAVORITE PART OF CHRISTMAS. Grandmother & Papa the Bob. They have the most cozy house filled with the most wonderful food, smells, people, & conversation around. Grandmother (Hilda) sure knows how to cook and I really wish I lived closer so that she could teach me more of her domestic ways ... since we all know how much I'm lacking in that department. Papa the Bob always has some crazy YouTube videos that are hilarious to show us and strangely enough they are ones that I've never seen. Andy (their son) and his wife Margie are so much fun to be around and so funny. Cindy (their daughter) is always full of information. I think I could probably ask her anything and she would know the answer. It kills me how domestic they all are. The last time I went to grandmother's she gave me a homemade lemon sugar scrub for my feet! I thought things like that were only made in factories ...

Truthfully my favorite part of this whole story is just how welcoming they are to my dad and I into their family. Grandmother and Papa treat my dad like he is their very own son and I know they'd have it no other way. It speaks volumes about their character that they've adopted us as family. To you guys it may seem like such a foreign concept, but to me it's just real life. They're as much my grandparents as my parent's parents were. I look SO forward to going to their house every time I get a chance to go and I wish I could go more often.

To Grandmother, Papa Bob, Andy, Cindy, & Margie: thanks for loving me like one of your own! Can't wait to see you guys again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment