Monday, November 12, 2012

That "Noah & Allie" type of love...

Special thanks to my Nana and Papa today for being awesome examples of a forever love. Through the years they've been a very big influence on me in terms of their relationship not only with us but with each other. Now, that's not to say that they don't sometimes get just about 100% fed up with one another, (we call it The Nana & Papa Show,) but they always forgive each other and keep on with that Noah and Allie type of love. They met in high school and have been inseparable since. It's great to hear them tell stories about them when they were dating and about when they were the youth directors at their church and so on. It seems like such a foreign time to me, Nana & Papa ... dating?!? It's precious watching them be there for each other as time goes by. Through thick and thin they are always there for each other and for their family. Recently my Nana had emergency appendix surgery (aka the Dr. TOLD her to go to the ER and that they would admit her for surgery, and she said ... "Um, I'm sorry. I have a hair appointment. We're going to have to reschedule.") and Papa cancelled all his plans and paced the hallways of that hospital until she was back in the room. "You better take care of my baby," he told the nurses. I sure hope my husband still calls me baby after 49 years of marriage. Not long after her appendix issue, Nana had her knee replaced. Every night, my Papa went and tucked his love in and helped her get ready for the next day. It says a lot about their love that it survives it all. Through all they've been through, they've stuck it out together and I've been blessed to witness it. They truly are wonderful people and I am certainly one of the most blessed grandchildren on this earth to have them to look up to. I love you guys!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment