Saturday, November 24, 2012

Just keep swimming ...

This week has been entirely exhausting. It's been lovely ...  but SO tiring. I feel as though I never stop ... Work all day, work all night, go to sleep, wake up, do it again. I'm so thankful for the lack of idle time in my life but sometimes I just get tired. Not everybody is as blessed as I am to be able to own a business with their best friend and really never argue about anything. Even if we do ever argue we're back laughing hysterically at each other the very next minute. I think the thing that keeps us so close as friends and as business partners is the fact that we have surrendered these efforts to the Lord and He has complete control. We have had constant business for weeks and each time we turn around He showers us with grace.

A little history behind this forever friend...

She hated me when she first met me. With good reason. We met the first day of sorority rush in 2005 at the University of Alabama. We were at convocation in the conference hall at the Ferg and we were seated right beside each other because of the alphabetic order of our last names. I had attended high school with the girl right beside her and was chatting it up right across her and never said a word to her. Sometimes I'm a jerk and I don't mean to be. We ended up in the same Rho Chi group and ultimately in the same pledge class. Through the weeks and months that followed we built a friendship like no other. I've never laughed harder with anybody, fought (our fights aren't really fights) harder with anybody, or acted weirder (aka like myself) with anybody. Whenever we fight it's not five minutes and we're back laughing even harder than we fought. You know ... it's a funny thing, these friendships. My best friend, Jana, that i wrote about a few days ago, has and always will be one of the greatest friends I have ever had. Our friendships are just as strong, yet as different as night and day. I'm one blessed girl to have had such amazing ladies in my life as friends.

Through the years that Natalie and I have spent as friends we have laughed, we've cried, we've fought, we've gone our separate ways and come back together, but the most note able thing that we have done together is that we've grown together in Christ and He strengthens our friendship on a daily basis. He has led this friendship to new levels and continues to amaze me every day. Big "ups" to the big Guy upstairs for a gold medal friendship that He has more than blessed my life with. Her family has become my family and I don't know that I've ever known a more genuine and kind hearted group of people. I sure do love you and and I am beyond thankful for each and every one of you! Thanks for loving me and accepting me as one of your own! I love you guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment