Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'll fix my heart on righteousness, I'll look to Him who hears me.


"Oh praise Him, Hallelujah, my delight and my reward. Everlasting, never failing, my Redeemer, My God!"

Psalm 62

Trust Only in God

For the director of music. For Jeduthun. A psalm of David.

62 I find rest in God;
    only he can save me.
He is my rock and my salvation.
    He is my defender;
    I will not be defeated.
How long will you attack someone?
    Will all of you kill that person?
    Who is like a leaning wall, like a fence ready to fall?
They are planning to make that person fall.
    They enjoy telling lies.
With their mouths they bless,
    but in their hearts they curse. Selah
I find rest in God;
    only he gives me hope.
He is my rock and my salvation.
    He is my defender;
    I will not be defeated.
My honor and salvation come from God.
    He is my mighty rock and my protection.
People, trust God all the time.
    Tell him all your problems,
    because God is our protection. Selah
The least of people are only a breath,
    and even the greatest are just a lie.
On the scales, they weigh nothing;
    together they are only a breath.
10 Do not trust in force.
    Stealing is of no use.
Even if you gain more riches,
    don’t put your trust in them.
11 God has said this,
    and I have heard it over and over:
    God is strong.
12 The Lord is loving.
    You reward people for what they have done.

Listen to the Aaron Keyes version here. 


I've focused this blog on so much of what I'm thankful to God for what He has given me and surrounded me with. I've yet to thank Him for just being Him. For being my rock. My fortress. My defender. My safe place. For being only thing I ever have that is completely constant, never moving, consistently fulfilling. Humbled today that He holds the power to bring me to my knees to worship Him, but waits for me to recognize that HE is God and that without Him my life would be utter chaos. Thank you Lord for loving me. For allowing me the freedom to praise you through storms, through sunshine, through every season of life, God you never ever change. Thank you for letting me praise you through a crazy long run this morning. For giving me the strength to finish it. For being the GREAT I AM. 

You are sovereign over us and we don't deserve your love but you constantly pour it out over us, regardless. Your plans are still to prosper, you've not forgotten us. You're with us in the fire and the flood. Faithful forever, perfect in love ... you are sovereign over us. 
Even when the enemy meets with evil -- you turn it for your good. For your glory!
Even in the valley you are faithful, You're working for our good, and for your glory!



Psalm 91

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.”





It's the purest form of worship ... to be completely immersed in the message and the music. That's how I feel most "at one" with God ... or in His presence. Hopefully this will bring you a happy little worship party on this beautiful day of thanks that we've been given. Get ya praise on! Know that you are loved and were created with a purpose. Happy Thanksgiving!



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment