Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Family, Blessed.

Thanksgiving has always been such an exciting day. The beginning of the Christmas season, lots of lovely food, a trip to Birmingham to visit a family that I don't see nearly enough, and entirely too many casseroles (jk ... there's no such thing.) Today's day of thanks was supposed to begin with a 10 k race in Birmingham, but with my mom commuting daily to Birmingham I decided to run my own race in my own neighborhood. So, for this Thanksgiving, I started my day with a VERY hilly 6.2 mile run. It was a rough one but I had good company with my Aaron Keyes YouTube channel streaming constant worship music. After my run I went home and got ready for a scrumptious lunch with my mom and sister at Hotel Capstone (which was insanely delish.) After all that activity, a nap was DEFINITELY in order, so I took one ... for three hours. I needed to rest up for one eventful evening.

For years when my mom and Bubba were married we would go to Birmingham and have a fantastic dinner with the enormous Patton family in the basement of a beautiful house nestled in the hills of Hoover. The amount of dressing alone would baffle you. It's a huge family. I've always looked forward to visiting with this sweet family. There were a few years that I wasn't able to make it for various reasons and it always seemed like there was just something missing ... Thanksgiving just wasn't complete without my trip to Aunt Judy & Uncle DD's. A few years ago I started being able to come back regularly and have SO enjoyed it each and every time. It's so great visiting with people that I don't get to see often enough and it's so amazing watching all the little children grow up! I am so thankful for this sweet family and for the amazing tradition that we carry on each and every year. Thanks to everyone for keeping this tradition and for holding it just as close to your heart as I do! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! It was SO great seeing all of you!



















0 comments:

Post a Comment