Monday, November 26, 2012

Little Nuggets of Happiness

I'm playing catch-up again ... go figure. Saturday was the longest day EVER at work and I wasn't in the best of moods. I was SO ready to get off work and go home and go to bed. During the middle of the day my mom called and asked me to take my sister out to dinner and hang out with her until she got home. I was irritated because I had other plans but I agreed. I'm SO glad I did. I picked my sister up and took her to dinner and out to Target ... amidst all the flipping traffic ... and we had the best time. Emily and I haven't been able to really let loose around each other in quite sometime but we were able to Saturday night and I'm so glad. I don't get to spend much time with her because of my job and her school and I sincerely miss her. The Lord allowed me some precious time with her Saturday night and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

On Sunday I had a VERY full day. For starters, I was late for church. I'll blame it on Natalie because, A.) I asked her what time it started and she told me it was the regular time, & B.) She made me late because I had to go to my moms and get my Christmas tree that she and Rusty are borrowing. It's whatever. I'm not stressin'. After church we, along with what I'm certain was the entire rest of the Valley View congregation, went to La Fiesta for a scrumptious lunch. As we were walking in somebody honked their horn as loudly as they could and scared us to death ... it was Brother Billy. Gotta love him. After lunch we trekked over to Northport and spent some time with my Nana and Papa while we got my Christmas decorations from their house. I don't get to see them much, either. It was so nice getting to spend some time with them. I sure do love them.

When we got back to Natalie and Rusty's we decorated for Christmas! It was nice because I'm moving in the next few weeks (shocking, I know) and I doubt I'll be decorating for Christmas amidst all the moving hustle and bustle. Once we were done putting up decorations we got a good bit done for the business which was good because we have a show this weekend! Stoked.

After I left Natalie's I went and spent some time with my adopted family and they cooked me a DELISH dinner. I complained a tiny bit yesterday about never ever stopping ... but I learned something today. I'd much rather be busier than I can handle and have little to no sleep than not have a thing in the world to do. Thankful to my heavenly father for days that are filled to the brim. Blessed.

Psalm 100:4
"Enter His courts with Praise."

0 comments:

Post a Comment