Saturday, November 3, 2012

And on the third day, they rose from the dead ...

Day three: Thankful beyond words for SEC football.

One of my favorite things in this world is football season. More specifically, SEC football Saturdays. At a young age my dad introduced me to the magical nature of football season. We went to every Auburn football game that we could, most of which we got into for free because apparently little ginger kids are completely and irresistibly adorable (I do what I can...shrugs.) I learned really quickly that I better dang sure pay attention when after leaving a game one night I asked my dad, "Daddy, did we win?," to which he replied, "I'm not answering that question, if you're not paying attention I'm not bringing you to any more games." It was then that I knew that I better get my game face on. Normal conversation between my best friend and I during a football game might go something like this, "Why go for it again? Just punt! We're 0 for 4 in 4th down conversions already ...seriously?" ... Actually, I think that's a direct quote. There are a few things that southern women don't play around about: church, our kitchens, and SEC football.

Anyways, football is a deep seeded love of mine and I am so thankful to be able to share that with such great friends! Tonight I was able to get together with some friends that I haven't seen in quite some time and enjoy a game (even though it was the other team, I paid to go to school there so I have a right to cheer for them. Sorry pops. When the time comes for them to play each other, I will bleed blue and orange. You have my word.) Great friends, sweet babies, great food, wonderful atmosphere, and one HECK of a game, all made for a wonderful night to remember! Thank you Lord for opportunities like these! I am so blessed.

Tonight's Bama vs. LSU game was one for the history books! From Les's famous awkwardness to the tears of a handsome quarterback, those boys left it all on the field and both teams played one heck of a game ... but winners always do find a way to win. Tonight we watched a boy turn into a man, and McCarron had no shame in those tears. What an amazing come back. I have to give credit where credit is due. Way to go men!

"Order was restored in the final couple minutes. McCarron made sure of it." -





0 comments:

Post a Comment