Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 4: She get it from her mama ;)

Today's day of thanks is very close to my heart. I have decided to dedicate day four to my mama. As all mom's and daughters, we haven't always seen eye to eye. This past year God has absolutely bestowed upon us a friendship that is so so special to me.

Today while I was at work I got a call from my mom and I must have sounded miserably down because she suddenly sounded ever so concerned about my well being (sweet mama.) I wasn't down ... just REALLY worn out. Haven't had a break in weeks, it seems, and I was just struggling to keep my sanity throughout one of the busiest work days of the week. Sundays at Midtown are "OFF DA CHAIN, BRUH!" Anyways ... the day crept on (oh so slowly) and as the sun went down it seemed like the day was coming to an end. Sadly, my clock begged to differ. Four o'clock on the nose. ARE YOU FOR REAL? I don't deal well with time change. Legit case of seasonal affective disorder right here, friends. The remainder of the day seemed like such a daunting task because my genius self decided to wear heels today. I know ... I'm a gluten for punishment. I dealt with it and just as I was closing my register my mama called and offered to go to my house and take care of my dogs and do my laundry for me just to help me out because I sounded so exhausted. I didn't let her, of course, but I'm not sure that she will ever know just how much that meant to me. Thank you, mama.

She also took wonderful care of me about a week ago when I had to have a minor procedure done. She took off work, drove me around, made sure to have food in her house that I could eat, did all my loads of laundry, and kept the house super quiet as I slept the anesthesia off. My dad wanted so badly to come over and help take care of me also (he's such an amazing dad) but I wouldn't let him. I didn't feel like it was serious enough for a four hour trip from Atlanta, but I sure did appreciate the offer.

I want her to know just how much I treasure her as my mother, my friend, and mostly my inspiration for overcoming adversity. One thing about my mama, she's one hard headed lady. When she sets her mind out to do something, it's going to get done.

I'm proud of you mama. I love you very much. Thank you for all you do.  



I made this with an amazing new (FREE) app for iPhone called Red Stamp. It'll change your life. Get it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment