Saturday, November 8, 2014

#30DaysOfThanks Day 7: "Because it's not over yet."

"It's been a bad day. No, no it hasn't. But it has been rough so far..," she said. 

 We met in July in Dallas at an interview event. Instantly I loved her and hated her at the same time. I didn't hate her, really, I just thought she was my competition and she was seemingly making a much better impression on my possibly-soon-to-be-new-manager. They talked and laughed like they had known eachother for four million years. Like they were old pals ... knee slapping funny joke telling friends. Like they went way back. 

 Turns out they did. They had met in college and she had married one of his best friends and he had married one of her best friends. But most importantly, she wasn't interviewing for my terriory ... so it was ok for me to like her. I am competitive. Type A with a smallish amount of Type B in my personality. I don't lose well, and I didn't want to lose to her. Luckily, neither of us did. After a GROULING three week wait, we both got a call with a job offer. 

 We kept in touch for months until we went to training in New Jersey and galavanted up and down the streets of New York like we owned them. She's my laugh when I need one, my outside perspective when I'm looking at things through rose colored glasses, my glass of wine when the day calls for one, but most importantly she's one friend I hope I never lose. 

 She's one of the people in this life that the Lord has appointed as an encourager to my heart. From the beginning of training she told me things like, "I can see you as a product manager some day. You get things I didn't get until I had been in the field for years. You have a strong presence and you're going places." And I believe she meant every word ... but even if she didn't, she still took the time to encourage someone that she only barely knew. She really has a heart for people. 

 A few things I can tell you about Kristy are as follows: 
 - She has three kids, who really couldn't get any cooler. 
 - I hope my relationship with my future husband is as open and loving as hers is with her beloved.
 - She meets no strangers. Everyone loves her. 
 - She's not afraid to ask for something she wants. 
 - And there is not another soul on planet earth that watches more reality TV and knows more about each character and where they live than she does. Joan Rivers died when we were in New Jersey ... it was a situation for Kristy. "God rest her soul." 👆👇👉👈

But today she took me to a whole new level of Kristy that I love. When she told me about her rough day and said she didn't want to call it a rough day, I didn't understand. "You know, it's healthy to call things like you see them. If it's been a bad day, call it a bad day. It's important to differentiate between these things," I told her. "But Ryn, the day isn't over yet. There's still a possibility that it will get better so I'm not putting a label on the whole day just because it's been a rough day up until this point," said Kristy ... with more sureness in her tone of voice than I may have ever heard.

 "You just made your way into a blog, my friend." 

 She's right, you see. Because TOO MANY TIMES we label projects that are half done as "too difficult" or "not going to turn out well" ... when we don't even know what God has planned for the remainder. He's a God who finishes things. And granted, He may not finish them as the world may expect ... but He finishes them. We can placed a knowledge-like faith in that. The author and finisher of your faith can also be the author and finisher of whatever struggle your in the midst of. And by finisher, I mean in God's way. He will lead you to do what you need to do and what is best for you. Listen to what He speaks into your spirit.

 Rough marriage hump? God authored it, He can finish it. 

 Terrible grades in school? God authored it, He can finish it. 

Tough relationships with friends or family? God authored it, He can finish it.

 We need to rest in the fact that He is capable way beyond what we are capable of. He will blow your mind if you let Him.



0 comments:

Post a Comment