Monday, November 3, 2014

#30DaysOfThanks Day 3: Calendars & Besties w/ babies!

All my life I've loved a calendar. And now that I have seven business partners, I understand the absolute necessity of a good calendar and a pencil with a good eraser. Can I tell you how much glee comes forth from the depths of my soul when I sit down with my coffee and my calendar? It's a fierce amount.

For weeks I had planned this past weekend and was so excited about it. I was able to stick to every single planned event and the weekend went off without a glitch (also without a red bull ... But I digress.) 


It was a beautiful weekend. Full of family time, time with old friends that make me laugh until I cry and come up with the most unimaginable hypothetical situations ... Which makes me appreciate planning even more because "WHAT IF?!", and time with new friends who blessed my heart with their wisdom and heart for missions. I sit and think sometimes about how blessed I am with all the people in my life and I'm just in awe and I wonder what I ever did to deserve to amazing love and laughter. 

Added to this glorious weekend, my best friend found out that her miracle baby that she has prayed for for such a long time is a GIRL!!! Someday I'll blog their testimony for you if they'll let me, but it's beautiful beyond words. I cried big ugly alligator tears and screamed like an idiot when I found out.  

Natalie and I have been friends since we pledged Delta Zeta together at the University of Alabama. We had a hitch in our little giddy-up because of some extenuating circumstances, but our friendship is so strong now having walked through fire together. She has a resilient spirit and it's one that I learn from. Her persistence for the things that she wants is unreal. But her faith in God is what blows me away. And recently, within a timespan of two weeks, the Lord blessed that amazing lady with her dream job and the baby girl she has dreamed of for years. 

So the message for day 3 is this: First, buy a calendar and use it. God is a God of order and we were created in that image. It's in our nature to crave boundaries and stability and order, but we have o create it for ourselves and be self reliant in that regard. But make room for change, because He reserves the right to move things around. And secondly, don't you dare ever give up on the things you want. God wants you to have the desires of your heart. You just have to place them in His hands and not pick them back up. 


So much love to everyone I spent this last weekend with. You have made me extra tired, but mostly extra joyful. ❤️




I asked my facebook friends for chalkboard calendar ideas last week and told them that I wouldn't DARE DIY this project because it would turn out looking like a Starty Night painting. But I think the picture below is a project I can champion like a boss. So glad I found one!!! Do you have any ideas other than this? Share! (PLEASE. SHARE. I AM DESPARATE.) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment