Wednesday, November 5, 2014

#30DaysOfThanks Day 6: Pep Talks on Irritable Days

We all have those days where we feel less than adequate. You know ... those days where you feel like everyone is doubting your ability and your imaginary octopus arms are being pulled in all opposite directions and you know that just as soon as they let go you're just going to spin out of control? That was me, today. I wanted to cry and scream and beg for mercy and show the world that I'm not only capable but good at the things I do. My brain hurt and I wanted chocolate. I wanted enough chocolate to fill Legion Field AND the BJCC and still have some left over. But I sell a drug in the diabetes market, so I thought better of that.

And then she called. One of my seven, YES 7, business partners called to talk to me about a few projects that are in the works. She heard it. My frustration was all over the tone of my voice. My normally quick-to-answer, silver-lining-pointing-out, love-to-strategize brain was DONEZO. "I hope I'm not adding to your frustration," she said. On the contrary, she has no idea just how much she relieved it. 

"Ryn, you are capable ... So strong ... So impactful ... So business minded ... Your presence is strong and so well received ... And you have an approach that nobody else has. I can promise you that you have nothing to worry about in regards to the opinions of others. You're a natural and people know it." 

I. LOVE. THIS. LADY. LIKE. SHE. IS. MY. SISTER. That conversation literally turned my day around and my afternoon went off without a hitch. Even better, the office staff in my precious offices followed up her encouragement with encouraging words of their own without even knowing that I needed a pep-talk. 

See, the Lord knows exactly what we need to calm our spirit. He knows how we operate best and He can manipulate situations to help you out, you just have to trust. 

He's really, really good ... All of the days. But most days we fail to look closely at how He works to benefit us. So that's what I've made this thirty days of thanks about. I'm thankful for my wonderful family and friends, but I think that this year the Lord's actions in my every day life need more recognition. So for the next 24 days, you get a front row seat to the happenings in my life. Not that you care to know or that I'm airing a reality show about little ol' Ryn ... But I do hope it motivates you to look every single day at the silver linings that God places in your life to cushion your days. He's real, real good. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment